11 November, 2006

So Long for Now!

The election is over, the Democrats won and now it's time to move on.

In my very first post on this blog back in February I outlined my goals, mostly to keep Hudson Valley residents posted on the various campaigns and to inflict a little of my opinion on those willing to listen.

There were some surpises along the way - John Hall's improbable win (or so it seemed in February) and Kirsten Gillibrand's victory as well.

There were also some strange turns to laugh or shake your head at - Jeanine Pirro's bugging incident, KT McFarland's fear of helicopters, Alan Hevesi's free ride and John Spencer just being John Spencer - but for the most part things shook out on Election Day about the way we might have predicted back in February.

For me, writing this blog was a lot of work, but more importantly a lot of fun. While I've been in journalism for nearly thirty years, the last time I wrote about politics I was living in my native Ohio, a guy by the name of Dick Celeste was being elected governor and Ronald Reagan was presiding over his first mid-term election as president. To be able to write about politics again, in such a momentous year, was a treat for sure. A chance to do something I really love, and to do it my way!

I would like to thank the staffs of the various campaigns for keeping me in the loop. I would like to thank my family for ceeding so much time on the family computer to me and my blog and most of all I'd like to thank you, the readers, for checking back religiously day after day.

But, as I said at the top of this post, it's time to move on to something new. I'll be taking a couple of weeks off and then starting a new project. If you liked what you read here, I'm sure you'll enjoy what you see at the new site.

Check back here around the first of December for the link to our new site. In the meantime, have a great holiday ahead. And the best of luck to all.

Ron Vallo
NYPols

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home